NOT ALL TEAK IS CREATED EQUAL
- Plantation Grown-Our wood comes from Indonesian plantations which plant several trees for each one harvested.
- Grade A Select– We select only the finest “tectona grandis” timber, which means the wood has no knots, and is even in grain and color.
- Kiln Dried-The timber is then slowly and thoroughly dried in a kiln oven, which dramatically reduces checking, cracking, and warping.
- Machine Made- Our factories use German made machines to precision cut every section of wood and every mortise and tenon so that each connection fits tight , even after years of use.
- Mortise and Tenon Joinery- Our furniture is constructed using mortise and tenon joinery, anchored with teak dowels or screws, as appropriate. This attention to best practice construction methods results in solid durability for every piece of furniture.
- Smooth as Silk Finish Every surface of the wood is carefully sanded three times and finished with extra fine sandpaper until it is smooth as silk.
Blue Sky Outdoor features an exclusive collection of elegantly designed outdoor Teak furniture. We design all of our own furniture, rather than buying market product, and then we manufacturer every item to our exact specifications in a state-of-the-art factory.
All our products are made from the finest Grade A Teak wood, are kiln dried, and then machine made using time tested furniture joinery techniques, such as mortise, tenons and dowels along with screws for added strength where appropriate. Every step of the production process is monitored and checked by our Quality Assurance team.
All our furniture is made from plantation grown Teak forests and purchased from Perum Perhutani, who has been appointed by the Indonesian government to manage and control the growth and harvest of Teak. Two or three trees are planted for every one that is harvested, assuring a sustainable source of Teak.